Saturday, December 12, 2009

For the love of Overstock

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to purchase home decor items, one company I always suggest is Overstock.com – I have shopped Overstock for years and have to tell you, I’ve never been disappointed. They are FAB. (And no, I’m not getting paid for this at all – but helloooooo Overstock!!)  :)

I recently bought a new bench for the dining room from the “O” that I have yet to show you, because it took some work on my part to make it work for the room. But when I logged into my account, I noticed they keep a history of your purchases easily accessible. I clicked through them and couldn’t believe how every single item I have purchased had held up so well (most we are still using!).

I recently started on our guest room redo, which used to be my sister’s room, which used to be my stepdaughter’s room. Sister came to live with us in August of 08 and moved out last May, only to move right back in. Long story. Point is, now that she’s out again, I can finally start on this room!!

The item from this room that we are still using is the pink comforter:

P933970dd

It’s very thin but I was very pleased with it for $40. It’s been washed a beeeellion times, and it still looks like the day I got it in the mail, four and a half years ago!

Im000052

This is an old picture – the deconstruction has begun! Yippee!!

I wanted a good storage bench for our mud/laundry room that I could hide our shoes in, and this has worked perfectly:

  P933601

It was $100 when I bought it SIX years ago (I still can’t believe it’s lasted that long!) and now it’s $120. You can find it here. I got baskets for half off from Michael’s for the shoes, and I’m still pleased as punch with it:

017

Because I like to keep it real every once and a while, here’s what the bench really looks like at this moment:

   019

Ahhh yes, the power of creative picture taking! Fantastic!

If you’re like me, you notice things when taking a picture that you normally never would otherwise. For me, it was the nicks along the edge of the bench. A little tip – black or brown Sharpie markers cover these fast and easy!:

021024

I wouldn’t do this on real wood, but on particle board, it works every time.

We got this umbrella in cream almost four and a half years ago:

 

P407952

OH, how I love it. It has lights under the umbrella that stay lit or “dance.” :) It is super cool. We got it for $90, and shipping was $1!! Shipping is one of the main reasons I love Overstock so much, I don’t think it ever goes over $2.95 for your whole order. Sometimes they offer even better deals.

We still have this umbrella and it still works – that’s a feat for an outdoor item with lights. It just needs to be cleaned. And with our deck redo, I wanted something that matched the decor better.

Because we built our house, I had plenty of time to shop for it before we moved in.  ;) I got two rugs from Overstock six years ago and both are still in fantastic shape:

rug P929782

(Click each picture for more info.) The one on the left, we used in front of our vanity in the master bathroom until just a couple months ago. It’s so thick -- and it’s wool! Do you know how much wool rugs cost? It’s NUTS.  I only replaced it because I wanted a change and I found something new for a steal. Now it’s down in my craft area in the basement.

The other rug is more of an outdoor rug, and it covers the chair pad in the office:

008 011   

Can you believe it still looks like that after six years? I’m not kidding – this is quality stuff here peeps.

Right now shipping is only one buck – for your whole order. For furniture! Rugs! Anything! Lurve. (Again, not getting paid. Dang.)

I’ll show you my Overstock.com dining room bench soon. ;)

Hope you join me for the Christmas Tree party on Monday! I’ll have the Linky up tomorrow night.

 
coompax-digital magazine