Monday, December 14, 2009

When it rains...

Well, you know. It pours.

I have been so thankful for your sweet comments, emails and messages about my father-in-law. It really has been so wonderful to have all of you surrounding us with a big virtual hug. :)

On Saturday, we thought the worst we were going to have to deal with that weekend was our sick Bub, and that we were going to have to cancel his birthday party.

Instead, we got a call that my mother-in-law, who has been very sick for a very long time, was not doing well and we should prepare for the worst.

My husband was there all Saturday evening, then went right back Sunday morning, while I tended to our sick kiddo. He got there just in time Sunday to say goodbye. She passed away that morning.

Overwhelming is an understatement. So many "whys?" go through your head. Why right now? Why so fast? Why during the holidays?

I'm quickly learning why. My father-in-law spent his days taking care of her. We wondered what would happen when he was gone because he knew no one would care for her like he did. And although she didn't appear to know what was going on around her, we always figured she did, and now we are sure of that.

Now, my sister-in-law is here, and we'll see her and her family more this week then we have in years. That is a blessing.

Like every loss, this is reminding us of what matters most. We know even more now how important this time is with his Dad. We need to create memories and take lots and lots of pictures, so we have decided he will move in with us sometime soon. And he still wants the Fiesta to go on, so it will. ;) God bless him.

I never really "met" my mother-in-law. She's been sick for that long. Even though we figured this time would come sooner than later, it really doesn't help the sadness my husband is feeling right now. And yet, we are grateful she is at peace. I'm not sure what to do to help my husband through this. All I know to do is to love him like crazy, and be here when he needs me. It just doesn't feel like enough.

Obviously we have a busy week ahead, but I still plan to blog this week when time allows. Decorating, DIY and blogging are what I enjoy and are my therapy in times like this. So I may not be around as much, but I will be here. I will need it, I'm sure.

I would appreciate your prayers for my father-in-law, sister-in-law and my husband as they deal with this loss. As always, I am so thankful for you all!


P.S. The beautiful Christmas tree party will be open for links till Friday night, so link up and enjoy the eye candy!
 
coompax-digital magazine