Monday, December 21, 2009

Choo choo tree!

Choo choo 

The very first tree we put up this year was a new one in the Bub’s playroom. The tree itself is old, it’s the one we used to use in the family room. I’ve always wanted a tree just for him, and last year I ended up getting a little three foot tree at a Deals store. It was a total SCORE because it was the only one left and it happened to be the display.

I got the whole tree, with about $15 of ornaments, for $5. She just wanted it gone. ;) So with the ornaments we already had for the Bub, we had plenty of ornaments for this big tree. I ended up getting a few more just for good measure. You know, just in case every inch wasn’t covered.

Because the tree is not in the best shape, I wanted to fill in the empty spots a bit. I got a couple of fun, fluffy garlands from Menard’s for about $4 each:

057  

I have to tell you, I’ve NEVER had a  blue ornament. Isn’t that weird? I couldn’t pass up the blue ornaments at Menard’s though. They totally spoke to me this year.  :) The other sparkly ones were from the Deals store:

037 040

Another first? Colored lights! They are magical. I have absolutely fallen in love with them all over again. I was SO tempted to use them all over the house, but I like that they are just part of the “fun” tree!

More sparkle, in all of his favorites:

042 043

A few handmade with my stepdaughter when she was little, and of course, we can’t do anything without Mickey. That would be a travesty. Serious.

046 049

I am VERY proud of myself. I let the Bub put ornaments on, and I never moved them. Not ONE. So there is a plethora of them on the bottom left of the tree. And I’m OK with that:

131 055 

Three candy canes on one branch? I’m OK. Really, I am. I’m not twitching at all anymore.

The choo choo theme started last year when I found a train at Goodwill for under the tree. We were so thrilled to find it so cheap, since we had been on the lookout for one. Then, this year my husband our son found one at Lowe’s that goes in and around the tree:

063  072

Could you die? Seriously.

082

I wanted to get a good shot of the tree in the dark, so I asked the Bub to move so I could take the picture. Doing what I ask is not his thing lately. (Hellooooo, THREE!)

For the first time ever, I was so glad he didn’t listen, because I got this shot:

086    

Magic.

I think I love this Choo Choo Tree as much as he does.

I’m off to get some sleep so I can write out and mail Christmas New Year’s cards, do three consults, finish shopping, wrap every. single. gift., clean the house, and throw a Fiesta for 25 people -- all tomorrow.

Whoooeeeee!

 
coompax-digital magazine