Friday, December 18, 2009

My fruity kitchen at Christmas!

068

Squeezies!! Aw, I missed you! It was so important for me to focus just on my family this week. It’s been a sad, happy, rough, inspiring, overwhelming week. I’ll leave it at that. And a reminder to hug and kiss your loved ones and let them know how you feel about them -- NOW.

I’ve shown you my fruity kitchen before (it’s been defruitified a bit since that post). I had a goal to just have FUN with the Christmas decor in our kitchen this year. That’s what I kept in mind when I scoured the after Christmas sales last season.

I only purchased a few new things this year for the kitchen – a couple of dollar store plates (perfect in red and white!), and salt and pepper shakers ($3 for the pair at Walmart!)

020 036

Oh yeah! And my Believe blocks from Amanda’s shop at Imperfectly Beautiful. I LURVE them!!: 023

The rest I bought on clearance last year or I’ve had for years. When I find something that works, I keep it and try to use what I have to change it up year to year. This cloche and pedestal (from Hob Lob) is always in our kitchen, and this year for the holidays, I just changed the ornaments to a variety of red ones:

026 029

I always swag garland around the door. It has candy pics, berries and red bows throughout. And the wreath is usually slightly different every year:

061 050

This year I went with all red and a sparkly Dollar Store ornament in the middle. I covered the wreath hanger with ribbon using the hot glue gun. ;)

Last year I found an old, gross wood thing at Goodwill. I think it said “country” or something like that. It was kind of grody. :) I transformed it with my Santa Red paint, some fun paper and foam letters:

099103

Oh yeah, and I hang Dollar Store snowflakes in a few windows. Do you see a trend here? (Dollar Store love?)

I took some little blocks of wood from Goodwill last year and made a cute little Jingle sign as well:

031Above the cabinets, I used my regular greenery and wrapped it with red lights and ribbon. I also threw in some red and white beady pics and huge ornaments I’ve had for years and never known what to do with. They are perfect here!:

044

(My camera was taking some crapola pictures today, sorry!)

I fell in love with these little felt trees from the Dollar Store last year, and only was able to grab the last lonely one. Amanda sent me two more – isn’t she fantastic?? I big fat puffy heart love her!

083

It’s fun. It’s festive. It’s exactly what I had in mind. ;)

096

063

Hope you have a great weekend! I hope to finish up an adorable Christmas craft to show you later this weekend. It should be cauuuute!

 
coompax-digital magazine